Information about the area:
- County Seat: Ontonagon
- County Population: 6,322 (2014 estimate)
- Size: 1,321 square miles
- Ontonagon Village Population: 1,494 (2010 census)
- Average Temperatures:
- Summer: High 78, Low 54
- Winter: High 20, Low 1
- Average Snowfall: 213 inches per year
- Address: 620 Conglomerate St, Ontonagon, MI 49953
- Phone: 906-884-4901
- Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital inpatient facility and also has a 46-bed skilled nursing unit featuring a wide range of ancillary services, some of which you might not normally expect to find in a small rural setting. Specialty clinics are held regularly by doctors from Grand View Hospital in Ironwood and Marquette General Hospital in Marquette. There are also various clinics in Bruce Crossing, Ewen, and Watersmeet.
- Ontonagon County Airport Schuster Field is located approximately 3 miles west of the village of Ontonagon. It is operated year-round and well maintained, due in part to improvement funding from Ontonagon County, the Federal Aviation Administration and the Michigan Department of Transportation.